Robotic Process Automation
Robotic Process Automation is a technique to automate business process using digital work force (Robots). Software robots are employed to execute certain tasks in industries which are repetitive in nature , this ensures the quality , speed cost reduction etc .
Mostly back office process which are labor intensive are major target areas to be automated . Basically in process of RPA a software is created which is capable of interacting with other software , MS office or other tools , websites just like any other human .
List of RPA Tools
Pros of RPA
Some benefits that RPA can provide to your organization:
- Large numbers of the process can easily have automated.
- Cost are reduced significantly as the RPA takes care of repetitive task and saves precious time and resources.
- Programming skills are not needed to configure a software robot. Thus, any non-technical staff can set up a bot or even record their steps to automate the process.
- Robotic process automation support and allows all regular compliance process, with error-free auditing.
- The robotic software can rapidly model and deploy the automation process.
- Software robots do not get tired. It increases the scalablity.
- The defects are tracked for each test case story and the sprint.
- Effective, seamless Build & Release Management
- Real time visibility into bug/defect discovery
- There is no human business which means there is no need for time for the requirement of training.
Cons of RPA
- The bot working speed depends upon application speed with which it is interacting .
- Bots needs to be reconfigured if there is even a small change in the business process or other application with which it is interacting .
- Multiple instance of similar bots can be run at a same time which means huge reduction in work force ,which leads in job loss.